Episode 382: Reclaiming Health - an interview with Lacey Anderson
3 months ago
- Today’s special guest: Lacey Anderson, a Registered Nurse (RN) with a specialty in Sexually Transmitted Infections and mental health from Alberta, Canada.
- The focus of today's episode: Lacey's personal and professional journey dealing with Lyme disease, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, and Toxoplasmosis.
- Why you don't want to miss this: Lacey's rich clinical experience coupled with her personal journey through chronic illnesses offers a nuanced perspective on mental and physical health.
The Healthcare System: A Double-Edged Sword
- Personal challenges faced within the Canadian healthcare system.
- Comparisons between U.S. and Canadian healthcare models, particularly in treating chronic conditions.
Nervous System Health
- Deep dive into how the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems are affected by chronic conditions like Lyme.
- Suggestions for potential treatment protocols.
Navigating the Healthcare System
- Importance of clear communication with healthcare professionals.
- Lacey's tips, especially valuable given her experience as a nurse.
Medical Frameworks: Blessing or Curse?
- An exploration of medical frameworks, both as a patient and healthcare provider.
- How these frameworks can be restrictive when dealing with complex illnesses.
Holistic Health: A New Approach
- Lacey's holistic approach to treating her conditions.
- The intersection of physical, emotional, and spiritual elements in healthcare.
Conditions and Treatment Regimens
- Current treatments Lacey is undergoing for her diagnoses.
- The power of herbal protocols and lifestyle changes.
Sensation, Pain, and Chronic Illness
- Lacey's experiences with internal organ sensation changes and "thunderclap headaches."
- Why understanding the unique types of pain can help in treatment.
Transmission of Lyme and Co-Infections
- Existing research and gaps in understanding Lyme transmission, particularly in sexual transmission.
- Lacey's expert insights into this controversial topic.
- How you can follow Lacey's ongoing journey and glean more insights into chronic illness management.